Jul 31, 2012

Kate Upton: I'm Not Going to Starve to Be Thin




Promoting a positive body image is something we think is hugely important here at MBG. If you haven't heard about this yet, 20-year-old model, Kate Upton, was recently slammed for her weight by a pro-skinny website. (Yes, this is ridiculous.) Here's what they said about Kate:

Huge thighs, NO waist, big fat floppy boobs, terrible body definition – she looks like a squishy brick. Is this what American women are “striving” for now? The lazy, lardy look? Have we really gotten so fat in this country that Kate is the best we can aim for? Sorry, but: eww!
Are you serious???

If there's a silver lining here, it's that Kate isn't letting this slide. She tells The Daily Mail:
‘It was hard when I was first in the industry and people were like: “No, you are fat.” 
‘But my body is something that you have to work out and eat healthily for. I’m not doing drugs or not eating. I want to enjoy life and I can’t be enjoying life if I’m not eating and miserable.
'Young models – these agents are horrible to them they treat them so badly. I went to Australia and my agent there said don’t call me if you need anything, just show up on these castings.  Some models don’t say anything [about being sleazed] on but I’m very verbal I always said something.'
We think Kate is gorgeous and we bet you do, too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment