Aug 2, 2012

Girls’ Generation’s Sooyoung to Take First Step into Acting Through “The Third Hospital”


Girls’ Generation’s Sooyoung to Take First Step into Acting Through “The Third Hospital”

Girls’ Generation‘s Sooyoung will take her first step into the acting world.

Sooyoung has been cast for the new tvN drama, “The Third Hospital,” which also stars Oh Ji Ho, Kim Seung Woo and Kim Min Jung.

This is Sooyoung’s first time being cast as a leading role. She will play the role of Lee Eui Jin, who is a violinist. Lee Eui Jin is a loveable girl with many charms and has eyes only for Kim Seung Hyun (played by Oh Ji Ho), whom she has known since she was young.

Sooyoung stated, “Since this is my first legitimate drama, I’m really nervous. I was nearly in panic mode when we had our first filming. Now I have been adjusted and I am working hard.” She continued, “My character has a lot of ‘aegyo’ (cute charm) but it was hard for me because I don’t really have a lot of ‘aegyo.’”

When someone asked how the other Girls’ Generation members were supporting her, Sooyoung answered, “Each one of the members come to the set to support me. They don’t all come at once but they come one by one and I think that’s more effective. Each and every one of them came to support me, one by one. The staff team sometimes get really tired but the atmosphere brightens whenever the girls come. As a fellow member, I’m so grateful to them and they are a great source of strength to me.”


Furthermore, Kim Seung Woo commented on Sooyoung as a fellow cast mate. He stated, “Filming for ‘The Third Hospital’ is sometimes more difficult than filming for ‘1 Night 2 Days” but I gain a lot of strength from Sooyoung, who is like a vitamin to me. Just looking at Sooyoung gives me the energy to carry on.”

“The Third Hospital” is set on a neurosurgery unit of a hospital that practices both Eastern and Western medicine. The story revolves around the work and love lives of Kim Doo Hyun (Kim Seung Woo), a genius neurosurgeon and Kim Seung Hyun (Oh Ji Ho), a genius Oriental medicine doctor. Although the methods of neurosurgery and Oriental medicine are very different, the goal of healing patients is the same and this drama will intend to show the various situations between the two methods. The exciting and dramatic plot involves competition, a battle of pride, and detailed depictions of surgeries and Oriental medicine practices.

The first episode of “The Third Hospital” will air on September 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment